This is a review of the Womanizer Duo.
A beautifully designed toy for Clitoral and Vaginal play.
I bought the Womaniser Duo just before lockdown. Many people were stock piling toilet paper, I was panic buying a new toy. If I wasn’t able to leave my home, best it was a place I could party.
Usually I um and ah a lot before making a sex toy choice, especially when the price tag is R3775. But there was no time for that. I love my Womanizer Pro40, but the battery was no longer charging properly, so I was looking for something similar. The Womanizer Duo looked just the toy, with an added g-spot stimulator; it was a done deal.
It comes in a snazzy box and this time, unlike the Pro40, there is a nifty black pouch included.
It’s a very sexy looking toy and feels beautiful to touch.
I made the unfortunate mistake of not reading the instructions on the Pro40, so this time I was sure to read the ‘Use’ section of the booklet.
The significant information is that it has a ‘Smart Silence’ so only once the vibrator is inserted and the clitoral stimulator is snugly attached to the clitoris, can play begin. Initially I found this startling, as sometimes it begins before I want it to, but I have subsequently got the hang of it. I believe this feature is designed so the toy is not merely making a noise when not in action.
The Duo also remembers settings it seems, so it can pick up where you left off, or a few speeds back. I prefer to start slowly each time, even if in the middle of play, before orgasm; so it’s a clever feature but not for me.
There are 12 speeds on both the clitoral stimulator and the vibrator, and the vibrator also has 10 additional stimulation patterns. You know the stop start, or the low intensity which speeds up, then repeats the pattern. Personally I’m not a fan of these variations and stick with the continuous steady movement and just increase or decrease speed as I desire.
It has 2 sizes of stimulator head, I prefer the larger as it allows a little more leeway when placing on the clitoris.
As with the Pro40, it took me time to familiarize myself with the various options and find what worked best for me. So when you power up for the first time, make sure it’s not just for a quickie.
When I finally did have time, (days after the toy arrived because lockdown meant I had no time alone…ever) I panicked. I had spent what I considered a lot of money on a toy that was all wrong for me. The vibrator part seemed to be the wrong ration for the clitoral suction to properly connect. I am not exaggerating when I say it all felt too much and I just wanted to power up my Pro40 and give up on the Duo.
I even tried holding the vibrator and just using the clitoral suction. Don’t try this, it doesn’t work even a little bit.
I switched off, tried to relax then rebooted.
I discovered that if the vibrator is fully inserted, as far as it can go, the clitoris suction works perfectly, and the ratio is correct.
Things I love about the Duo:
- Once inserted and correctly placed on the clitoris, you can stop holding the duo, lie back and be consumed by the sensation; reaching orgasm, hands free, while touching your breasts if that’s something you enjoy. The mould of the vibrator is perfectly designed for staying power and I believe even without Kegel strong muscles the Duo will stay put.
- With the vibrator inside and the clitoral stimulation in place, even if you only cum clitorally, the vibrator gives a sense of fullness, of being enveloped, of complete satiation.
- It took a few sessions, but it is possible to have a simultaneous clitoral and vaginal orgasm, which of course is spectacular.
- Multiple orgasms are very possible and also stacking orgasms, which means the orgasm starts and then doesn’t fully end before you cum again, and again. A definite favourite with this toy.
- The positive on the ‘Smart Silence’- once orgasm is achieved and you are taking a moment and the toy disengages, it’s nice that it immediately goes silent; having a toy loudly buzzing next to you is annoying.
- The Duo keeps it’s charge very well, the instructions say 2 hours, I would say longer.
What I don’t love about the Duo:
- There is no visible light once switched on. The Pro40 has a red light which makes attaching to your clitoris easy in the dark. You might say that we all know where our clits are, but accurate placement is crucial and a light makes this easier. I enjoy playing in a darkened room, and sometimes necessity dictates that I have to play under a duvet; without the guiding light, this is not possible.
- I mentioned the advantage of the ‘Smart Silence;’ the disadvantage is that it is very sensitive, so sometimes it goes off when it should stay on and honestly, I don’t think the toy is actually that silent at all.
- The charger is a nifty magnetic charger, 2 tiny pins that connect to charge. This is great if you can openly charge your toy on a table. I need to hide my toy from inquisitive eyes, so it gets charged while hidden in a drawer. The magnet is not that strong so sometimes it disengages and stops charging. But my issues may not be yours.
- The Duo works as it’s name indicates, so while you can keep the vibrator off while using the clitoral stimulator, it won’t work the other way round. If you want to use it as a vibrator only don’t buy this toy.
- It’s very impressive with the speed memory, but as I mentioned, I prefer to start from low suction, so need to power down each time. The sensation of the speed increase is spectacular; just when you think the intensity can’t get any better…it does.
The Duo can be used with a partner and I have enjoyed some couple fun with it, but I think there are better toys out there for couple play [read my review on the WeVibe] this one is best for women playing alone.
A top tip for fast intense orgasms – if you contract your stomach muscles upwards by pulling you head towards your stomach, an orgasm can happen quicker and with increased intensity. This is something I like to do during sex as well; if you are on your back and he is inside you, pull up towards your partner and you may well find enhanced pleasure.
I highly recommend this toy, you may baulk at the price tag, but the pleasure you will derive from it is worth it. It’s very clever; I even wondered if it would make tea for me once I’d cum. Perhaps that will be the Womanizer Duo Pro Plus!